Formed in 1965, the Pinellas County Housing Authority (PCHA) is an independent agency, operating under the authority of Florida Statutes Chapter 421. PCHA is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners appointed by the Governor of the State of Florida.
We are dedicated to creating, providing and increasing high quality housing opportunities in Pinellas County through effective and responsive management and responsible stewardship of public and private funds. Our ability to cultivate strategic partnerships and develop innovative programs allows us to bring together services and resources to assist our families in working toward self-sufficiency.
As the largest housing authority in Pinellas County, we currently provide housing and rental assistance to approximately 8,500 individuals through agency-owned affordable housing, public housing, assisted living and the administration of the Housing Choice Voucher program. Our area of operation for the public housing and housing voucher program includes all unincorporated and incorporated areas of Pinellas County with the exception of the Cities of Clearwater, Dunedin, St. Petersburg and Tarpon Springs.
Our Mission Statement:
As a leader and innovator, our mission is to provide safe, quality housing for persons in need and to cultivate healthy, vibrant neighborhoods for Pinellas County.
Our Core Values:
We value honesty and integrity above all else. There is a connection between the integrity of our staff/programs and the success of our residents. Integrity-building within our organization is key toward fulfilling our mission.
We believe that dependability is a valuable quality in the workplace, whether it comes from our employees or vendors. Dependable employees and mangers help ensure our operations run smoothly and that required tasks are complete.
We take pride in putting PCHA’s best interest first, along with our employees’ and know it’s a direct correlation to our agency’s performance resulting in amplified benefits to those we serve.
We strive to serve the public as effective stewards of its financial resources; by doing right because it is the right thing to do.
Pinellas County Housing Authority was recently recognized for the following achievements:
- FAHRO Best Practices Award for Get Ready Initiative – 2018
- FAHRO Best Website Award – 2018
- FAHRO Best Website Award – 2017
- Boys & Girls Club of the Suncoast Certificate of Appreciation – 2016
- FAHRO Best Practices Award Hope to Homeless Foster Youth Non-HUD Funded Category – 2016
- FAHRO Best Website Award – 2016
- NAHRO National Award of Merit for Project Design at Landings at Cross Bayou – 2016
- FAHRO Best Practices Award for Pinellas Heights – 2015
- Florida Water Star Certification Pinellas Heights – 2015
- Boys & Girls Club of the Suncoast Helping Hand Award – 2015
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Police Athletic League (PAL) Certificate of Appreciation – 2015
- NAHRO National Merit Award for Pinellas Heights, Nominated for Award of Excellence – 2015
- NAHRO National Award of Merit for Home of Hope – 2014
- FAHRO Best Practices Award Non-HUD Funded Category – 2014
- FAHRO Outstanding Agency Award for “Housing Authority of the Year” – 2014
- NAHRO National Merit Award Program Innovation – 2014
- NGBS SILVER Designation Award for Pinellas Heights – 2014
- Bay Area Apartment Association, Affordable Community of the Year, Palm Lake Village – 2014
- Boys & Girls Club of the Suncoast From the Heart Award – 2013 – 2014
- FAHRO Best Practices Award – 2013
- NAHRO Two National Merit Awards for Administrative Innovation – 2013
- Bay Area Apartment Association, Community of the Year, East Lake Club – 2013
- Bay Area Apartment Association, Community of the Year, Lakeside Terrace – 2013
- Bay Area Apartment Association, Community of the Year, Norton Apartments – 2013
- FAHRO Outstanding Agency Award for “Housing Authority of the Year” – 2012
- HUD Award for Success in Perserving Affordable Housing at Norton Apartments – 2012
- Bay Area Apartment Association, Affordable Community of the Year, Lakeside Terrace – 2012
- Bay Area Apartment Association, Affordable Community of the Year, Palm Lake Village – 2012
- Tampa Bay Business Journal Best Places To Work, 2nd place, Bigger Category – 2011
- NAHRO Award of Merit for Energy Efficiency and Going Green Implementation – 2010
- NAHRO Award of Merit for Palm Lake Village Community Center – 2010
- NAHRO Nomination for Award of Excellence for Palm Lake Village Community Center – 2010
- FAHRO Best Practices for Implementation of Green Initiatives – 2010
- Nan McKay and Associates Pioneer in Housing Award – 2010
- Green Business Partnership through the Pinellas County Extension
- Member of Florida Green Building Coalition