Housing is a recognized driver of every economy. Whether building, owning or simply living affordably, those housing actions create benefits for local communities. We may call upon our partners to build or reinvigorate family oriented “communities of choice” where long term rent affordability can provide comfort to families, senior citizens, neighborhood enterprises, and host municipalities.
PCHA seeks public or private partners interested and capable of realizing:
- reuse and redevelopment of underutilized commercial parcels, or underdeveloped residential tracts, situated with access to schools and transportation;
- projects that clearly meet identified housing goals of local communities;
- partnerships that add geographic diversity to the portfolio of property under management, especially in areas with minimal workforce housing choices.
Additionally, PCHA is also interested in reviewing proposals for:
- purchase of General Partner interests in tax credit developments
- apartment complexes built after 1998
- property adjacent to our existing communities.
Because PCHA staff works in tandem with the professional services of nationally recognized legal and financial experts, we are prepared to initiate or respond to affordable housing opportunities in Pinellas County. We are currently working toward the development of new housing on approximately 8 acres that is owned by PCHA in the City of Largo. This project is called Greenhouse Shoppes Redevelopment.
NORSTAR Development USA, LP and its affiliate, Norstar/Primerica Multifamily Development Group, a joint venture between Norstar and Primerica Group One, Inc., have been involved as lead developer in twenty (20) separate mixed-finance/mixed-income public housing authority transactions. Norstar/Primerica’s Punta Gorda project, Gulf Breeze Apartments, was recently recognized as the National Winner of the Charles L. Edson award for public housing revitalization by the Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition as well as being the featured project in the November 2008 issue of Novogradac’s “Journal of Tax Credit Housing”. We have completed or are in the process of developing or construction over 2,000 mixed finance housing multifamily and senior units and have over 900 more units in various stages of construction and development with housing authorities in New York, Michigan, and Florida, including Punta Gorda, Venice, Lake Wales and a HOPE VI development in Fort Myers.
City of Clearwater
City of Largo
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Bay Cities Bank
Sawgrass Asset Management, Inc